Tuesday, May 27, 2008

1st Memorial Day Weekend



Well, we had a jam packed Memorial Day Weekend. Check out the new slide show for more pics. Lucas went on his first camping trip. We went to the Rudolph Family Farm in Perry County. It is a couple hunderd acres of hunting ground. We set up the camper and hung out on Saturday and Sunday. Lucas doesn't care for the heat. So once we figured that out things got much better :) He went on his first Rhino ride with Daddy. He sat around the campfire, played, watched turkeys, and listened to the birds. I love this hat that was given to me by a co-worker. It says "I'm a Happy Little Camper".


Lucas and I participated in the Rudolph Family traditions on Memorial Day. We went to visit with Kay's aunts. Lucas met his 3 Great Great Aunts of the Taylor family. We had a very nice breakfast and visit. Here he is being held by his Great Great Aunt Rose Gengelbach (Yes, Coach. Gengelbach's mother).


At noon, we went to pick up Grandpa Tony and Daddy at the American Legion in Cannelton. Grandpa Tony grew up in Cannelton and he and Daddy shoot guns and memorial services at the cemetaries every Memorial Day. Here's a picture of Grandpa, Daddy and Lucas at the American Legion. Maybe one day Lucas will have a funny Legion hat to wear.


After we packed up and went home. Lucas got his first taste of something other than formula and rice cereal. He ate half a banana. He really like it. Next up sweet potatoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!!!

Bretz Family said...

I have been waiting to see these pictures! Looks like it was great fun!

Carrie Poag said...

So sad I missed out on the weekend. Looked like it was jam-packed! Hope Lucas had a wonderful 1st camping experience.

Jamie said...

Sounds like Lucas got to experience lots of firsts. I'm glad you guys had a nice weekend. The camper hat is awesome.