Thursday, March 04, 2010

Always Changing



Well, it's been a hectic 2 weeks since we have been back from our trip. Both boys came down with really bad chest colds, and Andy & I both had to work this past weekend which is rare for us. So we are finally settling back in to our normal routine. I thought this week I'd give everyone an update on what the boys are doing, because things here are always changing.

Adam is not that interested walking. Although he took his first steps several weeks ago, crawling is still his preferred mode of transportation. He's just started in the last day or so to take some steps without being prompted. He has really expanded his diet in the past few weeks. We are weaning off of formula and his bottle. He loves meat and fresh veggies. He is eating whatever Lucas has about 75% of the time, which is becoming very convenient. Adam is starting to throw fits when he doesn't get his way and he doesn't like to obey when you say, "NO!". So he is going to be a challenge. He loves climbing the stairs and playing in the toilet, so we have to keep a very close eye on him. He has had 3 new teeth come in 2 weeks. Now he has 3 on top and 3 on bottom, but there are 2 more that could break through any day now. We also moved Adam to an upright car seat and he and Lucas look so cute sitting in the back seat together. We are still working on the sleeping situation, but we have started back on crying it out. I'm hoping it won't be long now until we are sleeping through the night.

Lucas is really into his fire engine and fire fighters this week. We pretend that certain toys are on fire and he comes in and saves the day. He is really throwing some terrible two tantrums now when he doesn't get his way and everything is "I want..." and "I need...". He is hitting when he gets mad and he says "I need to hit you Mommy, I am mad". I figure at least he is identifying the emotions, he just doesn't know how to control them yet. Lucas is helping me teach Adam some new concepts like in and out and on and off. Another one of his favorite activities is announcing Adam. He gets Adam to go into our tent and then he says "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, announcing Adam!". Then he throws open the tent and Adam cackles. It's really cute.

We are ready for warm weather so we can get these stir crazy boys outside to play and we love watching the boys continue to grow and change.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm glad to hear that the boys are feeling better again! We're excited to see you guys tonight.