




Lucas celebrated his third birthday with a Grinch party today! He woke up more excited than I have ever seen him. He started telling us all the decorating that we needed to do for his party: balloons, streamers, party hats, plates, napkins, and party horns. He took all of his clothes off and said he was ready to get dressed for his party, we normally fight and wrestle him every morning to get dressed. He ate his 3 powered donuts for breakfast as a treat for being a good boy at bed time and then helped me decorate and even corrected my table settings so that they were the way OSO says they should be.
He enjoyed showing everyone his party room (aka dining room) as they arrived and gave them a tour of all the decorations. We started by opening presents and he loved everyone and did a good job of telling everyone thank you. We then ate pizza, breadsticks and salad. We finished up with a wonderful looking, delicious Grinch cake. After everyone left and we started to snuggle for his nap Lucas looked around and said, "I love all this fun stuff everyone gave me at my Grinch Birthday party, thanks Mom". It was as if he knew how special I wanted his party to be for him and he wanted to thank me for the fun time he had had. (At least that's what I like to think).
Three years ago at 10:01 PM (I will be asleep before then) we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy, who has grown way too quickly into a wonderful little boy. He is smart, funny and can be very caring and grateful at times too. He makes us laugh everyday and we are very blessed to have Lucas as our son.
More pics on the slideshow to the left.
No comments:
Post a Comment