Saturday, July 16, 2011
Suessical
Lucas got to go to his first live show this afternoon. I took him to the EVSC Summer Musical, "Suessical". Lucas loves all the Dr. Suess characters, books, and movies, so I felt that he just couldn't miss it. He was very disappointed as we were leaving when he realized that Daddy and Adam were not coming with us, but we listened to the soundtrack of the musical on our way and he got really excited. He posed with some sets of the characters as we arrived and was so excited that everyone who noticed mentioned how excited he must be to see the show :)
He enjoyed the show and sat still through most of it. After every scene he energetically clapped and yelled, "Bravo!" (I'm not sure where that came from) I thought it was a great performance and it almost brought tears to my eyes watching Lucas get so excited.
After the show Lucas was determined to get one autograph and only one autograph. He passed by the Grinch, Horton, and all the other characters and when right up to the Cat in the Hat. He handed him his notebook and the Cat asked if he enjoyed the show. Lucas looked him in the eye and said, "Yes!" then he said thank you as the cat handed back is notebook. Lucas couldn't believe the Cat had signed his book :) What a great afternoon and wonderful memory that I will hold in my heart forever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment