Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Decorations

I  really love Christmas time and I really, really love decorating our house for the holiday season.  I like there to be reminders of what a special time of year it is in every room. Many of our decorations are not only reminders of the holidays, but of our childhood, loved ones and special Christmas memories. I thought I would share some pictures of what our house looks like this year. 


Our foyer/front door

Banister leading upstairs

Living room couch.  This is a quilt made by Andy's Grandma that we get out each Christmas

I display my two Christmas collections, German Santas and Mary Moo Moo's on top of the TV in the living room.

We added a second tree this year in the dining room.  I think this will give Christmas Eve dinner an even nicer feeling!

My nativity set is representative of the whole town of Bethlehem.  We have the inn, wine shop, spice shop, wood shed.  I really like having an elaborate nativity being that this is the most important decoration and reminder of them all.

The table is set for our Christmas Eve Feast.

Single place setting of the Christmas Dishes.  We also use my Grandma's silver on this one very special night of the year.

We are displaying our Christmas cards on our new cabinets this year in the kitchen.

This is our Christmas tree in the basement where Santa leaves our presents.

Lucas gave us this present from school and wanted it to be at the very top by the star!

We don't have a chimney so our stocking are hung on the middle of the wall :)

Our advent houses and my needle points that I did as a child.

My refrigerator is filled with the boys crafts from school.

My mom's Christmas apron hangs in the kitchen each year as a reminder of her and her favorite time of year.
The mistletoe that Andy's proposed to me under.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Beautiful deocrations! Your house looks very cheery.