Here is a quick summary of some funny things the boys have said and some of our activities in February.
We celebrated Valentine's Day as a family. The boys and Daddy got me some beautiful flowers. I made a special dinner for my guys, which consisted of homemade, heart shaped, cheese ravioli, heart shaped rolls, apple salad, and strawberry cupcakes.
Last week Lucas went to the doctor for his annual checkup. He weighed 38 pounds and grew 3 inches, which makes him 43 inches tall. We enrolled Lucas in Kindergarten at Resurrection, which is where is goes to school now. He is also signed up to play his first season of T-ball. He is growing up too fast. He is really starting to write and draw more. Lucas made me a card and wrote my name on it. It was a surprise so he didn't want to ask me how to spell it, so it says "OMO" so close to MOM! He also came home today with his first self-portrait and it really impressed me because he doesn't do much freestyle drawing. It's really cool to see the new skills he is mastering in school.
Lucas has been saying, "Whatever" and "Anyway" frequently and not in a good way. He says it with a tone of "I don't care what you say Mom". He has also been saying "Mom, you scared the heaven out of me!", which just cracks me up.
We watched the NASCAR race as a family last weekend. The boys stayed in the theater room from beginning to end! They took a nap in the middle, but I think at one point all 4 of us were sleeping. Lucas asked great questions to increase his understanding of the race and Adam cheered with excitement for all the cars. At one point Adam said, "Mom, I want to go to a NASCAR race". I responded, "When you guys get old enough, we will take you." Adam replied in a concerned voice, "But Mom, I don't have a car!" I tried to explain that we would just watch the race and not drive in it, but he was having none of that.
Adam is very excited for his birthday. He can't wait to be 4 and asks about it almost every day. He continues to love school and playing with all of his friends. Adam is now able to say the entire Our Father and meal prayer by himself, which is a big feat considering this boy never stays serious long enough to get through anything.
Every day I ask the boys how their day was. Lucas always responds, "Good, now can I watch TV?" Adam will ponder and then give an honest answer. Most days it's "Great, Mom!" and then he goes on to tell about something special they did. A few times last week, he said "Not good! I got a time out for running. The teacher always says no running in school!" He not only tells on himself, but reminds himself of the rules, which is just too cute! Both boys brought home their mid-year progress report from school and got great marks!
We are using a lenten calendar to count down the days until and prepare for Easter. I found this calendar on the web and then I colored the squares different colors for our Lenten activities (Yellow -- give up something, Pink -- do a good deed, Blue -- read a bible story, Orange -- Family time, Green -- say an extra prayer). The boys get to put a sticker on each day after the complete the lenten activity in order to count down the days to Easter. Last week in church, we watched a video of how a new pope is chosen and Lucas came home and told me all about the white smoke and black smoke. It was neat to see him actually absorbing a little something from church. Adam on the other hand had to apologize to Father Phil after mass for coloring on the brand new pews!
February has been a month filled with family time and lots of fun! We can't wait for Spring and the birthday fun and warm weather that March will bring!





No comments:
Post a Comment