Saturday, April 27, 2013

Occupation Day, the Back Story

The boys had occupation day at school this week, and they were asked to dress up like what they wanted to be when they grow up.

Adam started out saying he wanted to be a builder, but not a person that builds houses, a person that builds rockets and jet planes.  He continues to talk about building a rocket that can take us to heaven to see Grandma Patty and will take us to outer space.  Then he changed his mind and decided he wanted to be someone that fights bad guys and shoots guns, so naturally a police officer was his choice.  Adam is a brave boy, who is filled with courage when it comes to bad guys!  In fact, the other day I was telling Lucas that if a stranger came up to him, just to yell, NO! STRANGER!  To which he replied, "or I could just yell for Adam and he could beat up the bad guys and save me."  Lucas has full confidence in his little brother's hero abilities :) 

Adam's everyday play includes being a Jedi fighting bad droids and sith lords, being a cowboy putting bandits in jail, or just bad guy fighting in general.  He uses light sabers, swords, guns, bows, or any other weapon he can get his hands on.  If this boy didn't have such a sweet heart, I would be worried about the constant talk of violent acts against bad guys!   He made an awful cute police officer for his dress up day at school, but he had to leave all his weapons at home.



Lucas has been watching a lot of Duck Tales (with Scrooge McDuck). Scrooge is rich and bad guys try to steal his money all the time.  So his desire to be a Scientist Inventor came about from a plot  he came up with to rob a bank in order to be rich.  He insisted that he was going to invent a mine cart with a drill on the front to dig a tunnel underground that would get him and Alayna (Hill) into the vault so that they could steal all the money and be rich.  I tried to deter the idea of stealing by telling him he would be put in jail.  He told me straight faced that I could come see him on visitor's day. 

So after a week of this bank robbing talk, I finally convinced him a better way to become rich would be to continue to invent things and to sell them.  So then his plan became to build a factory and only people who care about him can work in his factory and the rest of the workers will be robots. In the factory he will build his inventions and sell them in order to become rich!  His first invention will be the mine cart and he will sell them to all kids so that they can dig for gold!

He also says he wants to be a genius so I figure a scientist inventor works as a genius too!  Either way I'm loving his current interest in science, factories, how things works, and how things are made.  His other favorite TV show right now is Unwrapped, which is a show about how food is made in factories.

I'm very proud of my two little boys and their big dreams for the future!!

No comments: