Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Silly Adam

I thought it would be a good time to do a blog post on each of the boys to update everyone on what they have been up to.  Adam is a little guy (44 in ~ 38 lbs) with a big personality.  He has never met a stranger and loves to tell stories and play pretend.  He will frequently introduce himself and then follow up with, I'm Lucas's "brodder".  Adam loves to be silly and is very proud of it.  I find myself frequently saying, "There is a time to be silly and a time to be serious."  Basically, anytime Mommy is asking him to do something it's time to be serious. He is full of energy and loves to do things his way and at his speed.  There is no speeding this boy up and although he is full of energy is only speed is extremely slow!  Although I'm frequently frustrated at his speed and he says that I'm always fussing at him, I envy his ability to just sit back and have fun and not feel like he needs to be on a schedule.  Hopefully, he will keep this trait to the extent that he isn't as schedule driven as his parents.  He definitely brings laughter and joy to our house everyday.  
 
He loves Star Wars and has since he was a toddler.  He recently asked me "Mom, you know Star Wars is my life, right?"  He plays Star Wars with his light sabers and costumes. He plays Star Wars with his Legos.  He plays Star Wars with his Star Wars Angry Birds.  He plays Star Wars with his action figures and numerous space ships.  He frequently asks us to read him Star Wars books and he likes to watch Star Wars the Clone Wars.  He LOVES Star Wars!  
Adam also just loves to play. I swear he can make up a make believe story line and play pretend with two tissues.   He plays with his utensils at dinner, plays with food, plays with his shoes, anything he can get his hands on.  He has lots of toys and gravitates toward action figures because he can play pretend the most with them.  He doesn't like to do chores, do crafts, read books, or take a bath because he always wants to play.

Adam is very brave and will many times talk about protecting his big brother from the bullies at school.  He wants to be a Scientist Inventor, when he grows up, in order to make the world a better place.  He recently wrote his Kindergarten a letter in response to a postcard he received.  It said, "If there are any kids who have no one to play with, I will play with him or her."  I was so touched that his was the first thought that popped into his mind.  He frequently asks me about my Mom and what she used to do with me and where she took me. etc.  He talks about her so much that his Pre-K teacher thought that she had recently passed away.  I had to explain that he had never met his Grandma Patty as she died about 18 years ago.  It's amazing how he can see how much I love her and still do and he picked up on those unspoken feelings.  Adam is very caring and thoughtful.  He uses this to his advantage as I many times find him giving me extra hugs and kisses right after he has disobeyed me in an effort to make up for his behavior.  Unfortunately, it normally works ;)

Adam has many detailed plans for his future.  He wants to marry Ava (adorable little girl in the picture below).  Beginning in Pre-School he wanted to marry Alayna, my best friends daughter.  He talked about their wedding, the house he is going to build for them, their kids (If Lucas dies and he has a son, he wants to name him Lucas, if it's ok with his wife.), their jobs, etc.  During his Pre-K year he decided Ava was the girl for him.  Ava's Mom recently got married, so Ava returned his feelings, which made Adam very happy.  They had a pretend wedding at school and Ava brought him a gold ring.  When it came time to say "I do", he ran away and said that his Mommy had told him that he couldn't get married until he was bigger.  Adam really wants to be a Dad, probably because he's got such a good one!  He is always asking about family and how people are related.  Family is very important to him already and he knows he wants one.  He frequently says, "when I have kids I'm going to ....", normally this is his way of criticizing my parenting, but I love that he has such a vision for his future.  I hope he continues to have a vision and make plans long into the future.
 Unfortunately, Ava is not going to Resurrection and Adam is very sad. He frequently talks about Ava and wonders how they will be able to get married if they are not in school together.  Ava's stepmom and I took the kids to lunch one day this summer and it was a hoot.  Adam asked to wear his fedora and perfume.  Ava wore a dress and pearls.  We met at a Chinese Buffet.  The kids hugged and giggled just like they were on a date.  They sang songs from Frozen and ballroom danced at some point.  Ava gave Adam a few peaks on the cheek and by the end of the lunch, I caught Adam kissing her cheeks as well.  When it was time to leave they both gave each other a bear hug and my little heart just broke for them.  I told Andy I think I took Adam on his first date and witnessed his first kiss and here I thought we were just going to lunch. 

Here's a few more random Adam facts:
He does not like to eat vegetable at all.  We can some times force broccoli and peas.
He recently had his first hamburger and loved it.
He eats everything with ketchup, chocolate, meat, veggies, fruit, pasta, everything!
He doesn't like to sit and do school work or color or write or anything that has to do with learning.
He loves to dance.
He has a great ability to tune out anyone telling him what to do.
He is in a defiant stage right now, where he does the opposite of what we ask
He adores his big brother and his cousin Noah!
He doesn't like going outside because he is sensitive to bug bites and easily sunburned.
He loves video games.
He loves Disney World.
He is donating all his chore money to our Disney fund so that Mommy and Daddy don't have to work so much.
He loves staying home so that he can play!

I did a back-to-school interview with Adam and here were his answers.

Age: 5
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Grilled Cheese
When he grows up he wants to be a Scientist.
Favorite Animal: Farm - Chicken; Zoo - Gorilla
Favorite TV Show: PacMan
Favorite Movie: Mater's Tall Tales
Favorite Thing to do: Play
Favorite Book: Aniken to the Resce
Favorite Video Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Friends: Ava, Waylon, and Brayden
Favorite Place to Visit: Zoo
Favorite Place to Vacation: Disney
Favorite Disney Ride: Astro Orbiter


No comments: