Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun at the Fair



Andy & I took Lucas to the Vanderburgh County Fair this week. I have very fond memories of attending the fair when I was a child and I was hoping that Lucas would enjoy it as much as I did and I think he did. He loved the animals so much we walked each barn twice. The bunnies were his favorite. If you asked him what we did at the fair he always responds "Animals". He pet a cow and a pony. At every cage he said "Open" because he wanted to play with them all.

We saw tractors and excavating equipment and he loved sitting on them. Andy happened to know one of the salesmen so they opened up the excavator for Lucas to sit in the cab. He smiled the whole time.

Then we ate hot dogs, lemon shake ups, and chocolate ice cream. Lucas loved the lemons in the Lemon shake up. He sucked on them, made an awful face, said "Sour" and then "More" I think he liked the lemons as much as the ice cream, because he seemed very torn when asked to choose which one he wanted.

Finally we took Lucas to the midway to ride some rides. This was Lucas's first time on a carousel and he didn't really like it. After 2 loops around he was fussing and wanted me to hold him. Then we all three rode the Berry Go Round (spinning Strawberries). For the last ride we got brave and put Lucas on the baby ferris wheel alone. I was kinda freaked out by the creepy guy who took him and put him in it and Lucas was kinda freaked out by the ride. He made it around without crying 6 or 7 times and then he was done, but he was brave a gave it a good try.

I think Andy and I enjoyed watching Lucas have such a good time about as much as Lucas enjoyed the fair. Next year Adam will be old enough to come and enjoy himself too.

I posted a slideshow of all our pics of the evening. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Carrie Poag said...

great pics! Looks like he had a blast...

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun time!