As I reflect on Mother's Day this year, I having been thinking about how easy it is to become a whiny mom. I know I fall into this pattern way more often than I care to admit. I start to feel weighed down by the needs and demands of the boys and I whine about every little thing they do or don't do. When I'm in whiny mom mode, I'm much more likely to miss the small moments that make being a mom so totally worth the demands and responsibilities. I have two fantastic boys, who are full of energy, curiosity, and joy and I fail many times to share this with others and instead I complain about how hard being a mom can be at times. I'm not advocating lying and pretending that everything
is always sunshine and roses, because I believe that is just as much a
disservice to motherhood. There are days when it's tough and it sucks.
I'm setting a goal to let those "bad" moments go and not let them take
up real estate in my memory in order to save more room for the happy
times.
So this Mother's Day, I'm going to focus even more on the ways the boys make me smile and laugh every day. I'm going to take note of the extra long hugs and the unprompted I love you's. I'm going to praise the boys even more the few times that they listen to me and not complain about the 10 times they didn't. Then after Mother's Day I'm going to try to keep this going, because how much more enjoyable will motherhood be if I can focus on all the ways the boys are amazing instead of the ways they are annoying. I think if I can successfully live like this, then I am also teaching the boys a great lesson in life: don't let your struggles and frustrations overpower your joy and happiness.
Being the mom of Lucas and Adam is an honor and a blessing and I want to
cherish every moment that I have with them. I love being their Mom and
all that comes with it! Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:
I absolutely love this post! Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment